General terms and conditions of registration
Other than complete beginners, it is necessary to evaluate all new or returning students in order to place them in the correct level. Evaluations are free, short (15 minutes), painless and without obligation.
Complete beginners who never had French before may sign up for a French 1 course without an evaluation.
You are welcome to drop in Tuesday to Friday, 14.00 to 18.00 or Saturday 12h00 to 16h00, but we recommend you call us 552-3870 or to send us an email: email@example.com to make an appointment so you won’t have to wait.
General Classes, Workshops, Children &Teenagers classes and Private classes are conducted at our school or on Skype by one of our highly trained and experienced French native or bilingual instructors. Instructors may be sent to your Reykjavik office or home if easily accessible by public transportation. One of the main benefits of our lessons is the complete flexibility of the learning program in terms of scheduling and content of the course.
Our General Classes &Workshops are conducted in French: we recommend total immersion. However, Icelandic and English may be used in class, so it will be specified in your program plan by your professors. For Children &Teenagers classes or Private classes: those classes are taylor-made and could be conducted exactly as you like it to be. Icelandic and English may be used in class at your own discretion. It will be specified in your lesson plan.
Refund and Credit Policy
• Before the beginning of the session/course: Students have the right to postpone their course within a period of 2 months. Only one postponement can be made and a written request must be received by the school at least 5 business days before the starting date of chosen courses.
• After the beginning of the session/course: We are sorry we cannot give refunds for group classes unless we are notified by phone one business day before the first day of class during our office hours: Tuesday to Friday 14h00 to 18h00, Saturday 12.00 to 16h00. We are sorry no exception can be made. The Alliance française is not responsible for changes in the student’s schedules or personal circumstances.
• Specific conditions: In the case of serious illness and/or incapacity justified by a medical certificate, preventing participation in a course for over 4 consecutive weeks, the student can ask to be refunded for the missed tuition or to postpone the course within a limit of 2 months after the date of interruption of the course. A processing fee will be applied to all refunds or credits.
•No credits after the first day of class.
•Credits are non transferable and may not be applied to private classes, workshops or intensive courses.
•If The AF cancels a class, students may transfer to another class or receive a full refund.
•Neither books nor memberships are refundable.
• Group Classes: A minimum of 4 students is required to open a group class as scheduled. In order to avoid canceling classes, any group class of less than 4 students may be shortened. Level 1 to 9 classes (3 hours per week)
• 1- 2 students: 2 hours per week
• 3 students: 2 ¼ hours per week
• 4 students: full schedule
• Private & Skype Classes: We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you have to cancel or reschedule a private lesson, please call us at 552-3870 during office hours (Tuesday to Friday 14h00 to 18h00,Saturday 12h00 to 16h00) to avoid charges or send us a message firstname.lastname@example.org. Private lessons cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will be charged at the regular rate.
Diplomas & Library policy & Membership
• Delf & Dalf exams are included in the General Class program and tuition fees. No refund is available. Students are automatically registered to the session. We open two sessions per year.
•Books and workbooks are not included in tuition fees for the specialized courses (Children, Flam, FOS).However, our books can be purchased on site at the Alliance.
• The Membership at the Alliance française gives you the right to borrow : 2 DVDs/VHSs/ CDS & magazines per week- 5 books per month. Late penalities will be charged : 350 isk for DVD’s/VHSs and CDs 35 isk per books. The members will have to reimburse the value of any lost or non-returned items (at value for new item)
ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE DE REYKJAVIK –DIRECTION-2015/2016